ya_palomnik

Webmaster. Take hosting in Germany each year. Recommend that, no complaints.
Site search
Home Tatars abroad Districts of Tatarstan Article My Neftekamsk Photo Gallery Tatar songs
Famous people Tatars in Russia Districts of Bashkortostan The Kazan Kremlin Photo of Neftekamsk Musical collectives Tatar cuisine
Home / ... rus
eng

Спасо-Преображенский монастырь

Complex of a Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery

     The complex of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery is located in the southeastern part of the Kremlin, near the Spasskaya Tower. Start of construction refers to the monastery in 1557 was the center of missionary activity in the province, as well as the burial place of local saints and the most revered and noble people in Kazan. The complex of the monastery includes architectural and archaeological fragments of the Transfiguration Cathedral, Church of St. Nicholas Ratna Fraternal body cave Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery.

     Architectural and archaeological remains of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral

     Architectural and archaeological remains (podklet) Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral located in the center of the complex. Monastery cathedral was built in 1595-1601 years. It was a white stone shestistolpny trehapsidny temple, with five heads, size and artistic quality is not inferior Annunciation Cathedral.
     Cathedral of the Preobrazhensky of the Lord originally constructed in the 1550s and was a wooden structure on a stone basement. In 1596-1601 years. in its place was built a stone church with five shestistolpny heads and altar with three projections. The building was built on an earlier stone basement, which miraculously survived to this day and is very similar to the lower church of the Annunciation Cathedral. This is a very colorful room with four pillars and a wall with openings separating podaltarnuyu part that underpin torispherical and groin upper part of the building was blown up in the 30-ies of XX century. But even at this preserved part can judge how many underwent restructuring Preobrazhensky Church throughout its existence.
     In the XVIII century galleries were added on the north and south sides. Moreover they are different from each other. On the south side is a vaulted room at the bottom tier of the cathedral, connected with the main volume of the white stone. Top picture was flat ceiling and used as an open porch. Northern galleries were bunk. Low first tier was a series of vaulted rooms. Groin rely on large white stone heel trapezoidal shape. The second tier is not preserved. He is currently in the process of recovery. According to historical and archival data, this vaulted room under the pent roof. At this level, the gallery served as a corridor connecting the house with cathedral rector and the church of St. Nicholas Ratna. On the eastern side of the gallery began a large entrance.
     In 1901, on the west side is made annexe to the full width of the cathedral.
     Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral demolished in the mid-1920s., One of the first period of the struggle against religion. Until now reached the ground floor (the ground-floor) with cathedral ceilings. Podklet walls built of white stone, hewn blocks smoothly and tightly fit together. Vaulted ceilings and white stone, based on the wall and two rows of square pillars. The entire complex of buildings at different times now adapts to the Museum of Archaeology of the Republic of Tatarstan.

     Bell tower of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral (XIX c.)

     First bell tower of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral was made of wood. Second - stone - lasted until 1858 It was located to the north-west of the cathedral in the gallery connecting to the abbot. For dilapidated bell tower was demolished.
     In 1858-1860 years new tower was rebuilt over the holy gates Barbara church. Kuboobrazny volume on the gate on one floor and the church are built on 2 floors 3 tiers. Placed on the second tier bell - the third battle the clock. Currently performed museumification location this belfry. She is shown in a different color on a wide tratuary pavers.

     Church of Sts. Nicholas Ratna home with Archimandrite

     Church of Sts. Nicholas Ratna Archimandrite the house (built in the XVI. (1556-68 gg.) Reinsurance. XVIII, XIX centuries, Restoration. Since 1997 to this day) is located on the west side of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral, adjacent to the western wall of the Kremlin. Originally it was two-storey white stone refectory with the church: rectangular two-storey building, with the One Refectory on the second tier and the same location on the ground Cereals. From the east to the refectory church adjoined with a semicircular apse. In the XVII century the second floor rebuilt in brick, blocked Korobov vault; from the north to the refectory attach quarters prior. In 1815 the church was rebuilt by architect A. Schmidt.
     The building is L-shaped in plan, two-story, consists of two volumes of multi - Temple refectory and quarters prior. Podklet preserved from the XVI century, built of white stone, with a vaulted room under Pillar refectory and overlapped podtserkovem Korobov vault. Volume temple refectory - rectangular in plan, with an apse located asymmetrically. Abbot chambers adjacent to the dining room from the north. The Western Wall is based on the combat move the fence 2-3, between Southwest and Transfiguration Kremlin towers. Temple completes part quadrangular, covered with a single with all the building roof. Dome completes chetverik lost during the Soviet era. The original decorative trim on the preserved facades podklet windows facade of the second tier semicircular pediments decorated with a cross (XIX c.). Спасо-Преображенский монастырь
     Since 1993, the building undergoing restoration contractor TatSNRU, the author of the restoration project - architect G. Gayazova. After the restoration of the complex will include the Archaeological Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan.

     Fraternal body

     Fraternal body located to the north-east of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral, adjacent to the fence of the monastery. Body cells built in 1670, in the XVIII century attached thereto treasury house in 1892 was attached gallery.
     The building is two-storey, brick, L-shaped in plan, has a distinct longitudinal orientation from east to west. Series in terms of square cells vaulted brick combined covered gallery. A three-storey volume treasury house, located on the west side, includes a part of an ancient monastery wall. The facades are decorated architraves arched windows and decorative corbels and cornices.
     The restoration project of the building designed by the architect Aksenova I.A.

     Cave Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery

     Cave of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery is located at the altar wall of the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral. Built in 1596 and served as the burial place of Kazan miracle workers. Is a stone cage covered by arches, located below the present ground level.

free counters